Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bittersweet Part Two



I have made it home! Since I missed my specified boarding time, I had to sit in a middle seat :/ Okay, I'm a tad spoiled when it comes to flying; don't judge me. I have almost always lucked out and gotten a window seat. Not this time, which was totally fine because since I wasn't sleeping, I was able to drink tea on my flight :)

Now that I am back in the city of pursuing dreams, I can finally finish my last post. Yes, in order to fully understand this post, you will have to read the last one. My apologies (kinda ;)).

Although I was a tinge sad (okay a lot sad) that I was leaving my home to return home, I was equally excited to return to this wonderful state of unrealized greatness. I have missed my friends here and also the life I have created here. My trip to Colorado was unexplainable great and part of that greatness came from the pure relaxation I was able to experience. I was able to sleep in, hang out, drink tea, and sit by a fire... everyday. It was pure bliss. However, as much as that way of life is one I hope I will be able to claim as my own in the future, it is not my way of life right now. I had to get back to work (yay -__-) and back to my dear friends here (yay :D). There is a sense of anticipation that comes when returning to missed loved ones, and I have the honor of experiencing that feeling relatively often. 

Another part of the mixed emotions I have toward returning home is that I am returning to real life-stress, work, money, and unfinished dreams. No one likes stress, so I don't have to explain that one. And few people love their jobs, so that one doesn't have to be explained either. Okay, so neither does money haha. But unfinished dreams, now there's something that needs an explanation. As I have mentioned in a precious post, I have a dream of achieving greatness. It's thrilling to know that one day I will be great (read my post titled paint. a lot. to know exactly what I mean), but it is also quite overwhelming. The steps I need to take, the things I have to accomplish, the soul searching I need to do. Ah! So much to do; so little time! Or so it seems; I am only 23 years old after all. 

So as I wait for my best to pick me up from the airport, I am left to reminisce of a once perfect time and to dream of an equally perfect time to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment