Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile

You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile- Charles Chaplin

I was asked to write a poem in the form of a grocery list. I simply started writing down a list of the things I love, and when I was finished, I was wearing an affectionate smile that only I could fully understand. Here is the list of the little treasures I hold so dear to my heart and the reasons for my smile.

Basketball
Dance
Music
Learning
Hot tea
The color blue
Love
Father-daughter dates
My smbff
My stuffed moose (plural)
My bestie
The number 21
Forehead kisses
Empty dance floors
Smiley faces
Laughter
Poetry
Philosophy
Afternoon naps
My momma
Empty basketball courts
Fresh snow
Vulnerability
Hot showers
Sore muscles
White gummy bears
A child's innocence
Reminiscing
Hand written letters
Cliff diving
Head rubs
New sweatshirts
The smell of roses
Flying
The year 1989
Vaseline chapstick
Hennessey
Cold pillows
The baby dipper
Hand holding
Oversized sweatpants
Freshly shaved skin
Thunderstorms
The color red
Mohawks
Smoothies
Sarcasm
Playing the piano
Stretching
Clear night skies
Campfires 
Jergen's lotion
Puppy smell
The sound of rain
Friendship
Hard workouts
Makeup
Champagne
Honesty
Morning dew
Reese's
Cologne
Loyal dogs
Jordans
City lights
Patron
Cheek kisses
Massages
Vans
Red skittles
Baby animals
Dangly earrings
Sunsets
High heels
The number 23
Skyscrapers
Fruit snacks
Meeting random people
Fresh air
Nike socks
My baby pillow
Calls from old friends
Soft blankets
Innocence
Basketball shorts
Deep discussions
Pink starbursts
The number 77
Nail Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment