Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Girlfriend For The Weekend


My seventh grade locker mate flew out to spend the weekend celebrating with me. After a delayed flight (stupid airline) and a delayed pickup (I wish I could blame that on someone), a still dirty apartment (again my fault) we were off to a bumpy start. Good thing my official birth time isn't until 3:16 AM, so I had a couple hours to get my life together and ring in my age change the right way.  The ringing was heaven to my ears, and her solo act of happy birthday was beautiful. The clinking of wine glasses, painting toenails, and e cards from my momma made the first hour of my birthday exceedingly special. What made the next couple hours that much more special were the moments my friend shared her heart with me. Knowing I am the only one she shares some of her deepest struggles with gives me an incredible sense of honor.


*Cheers*


Breakfast at Tiffany's! Just kidding. Breakfast at Flappy Jack's is better anyways. A hard workout. Dinner at my favorite restaurant Olive Garden. And a night in Hollywood.

Flappy Jack's Birthday Crepe
 Olive Garden Birthday Dessert Shot
 Alexa and I
Mike and I


Now, I am both saddened and overjoyed by my experience at the club we went to Friday night. I am saddened because it was... "wack, turnt down, weak, lame as f***" -__- the crowd was thirsty. And not just the guys. The females as well. Walking by continuously trying to get the attention of men who paid to stare at them. Both desperately seeking approval from each other. The men were like farmers, picking through the livestock to find the best piece of ass and breasts. The women trying to flaunt their ass and breasts insecurely believing they owned the best pair. I can't. I cannot.
It made me sick to know I used to be a part of that. But looking back, I really wasn't. My clubbing experiences weren't like that. I was blessed. I went to a classier club with a stage designed for me :) ha. I could dance my little heart away with no fear of being pulled and grabbed as a way of flattery. It also made me sad because I wanted to show my friend a part of the life I had lived! It was the worst example. I could tell she wasn't enjoying herself, but I was thankful for her company and the company of one of my guy friends. They made it enjoyable. I was overjoyed because I realized my transformation. I no longer seek the approval of men who only want one thing. The constant gawking was a nuisance, boardering on annoying. Oh and the DJ! Dear god, the DJ. Horrible. Who talks during the best part of the few good songs played? This guy! Enough said. He was dreadful.

  
We were the best looking people there. I am proud to have such attractive friends ;)

Saturday was an adventure. San Diego to get a tattoo, a plan to lay out and get tan that turned into laying on the grass in a hoodie to take a nap, and dinner where we looked like a couple. Being courteous to my friend who had never been to that restaurant quickly turned into what it looked like to be me asking my honey what she wanted. It was hilarious. We looked like a couple and couldn't help but laugh when our waiter would ask me something and I would turn and ask her, even more solidifying his assumption. Our hairstyles didn't help. Both Mohawks, one with designs and a tattoo on the neck. We made a smashing couple, if I do say so myself ;)
My New Addition
La Jolla Beach Park

The same assumption carried over into Sunday when we went to the Boiling Crab and I had to crack her crab for her. She was my girlfriend for the weekend, and I am not ashamed.



My birthday weekend was filled with adventure and love. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment